Apply a Payment to Multiple Dependents
Q: How do I apply a payment to multiple dependents?
1. Open the Patient's Account
2. Open the New Charges Tab
4. Complete Payer and Payment Details
- Payer Details: This section will default to the patient's Guarantor; however this can be edited to select a different payer if necessary. For instructions on changing the payer see: Change the Payer for a Patient Payment.
- Payment Details: In this section, you will need to select the Payment Type, Facility, Pay Date, Pay Method, enter a Reference number. Finally, you'll enter the Amount of the payment.
5. Add Dependent to Payment
To apply a payment to multiple dependents, select the dependent using the drop-down menu.
After selecting the dependents name from the drop-down menu, their Patient Account will display.
6. Apply Payment to Multiple Accounts
Apply the payment to each dependents account as desired.
- Pay All button: To apply payment to all outstanding charges on the account at one time, click the Pay All button.
- Disburse to Line Item: To apply this payment to the current charge or another selected charge, click the Arrow button located next to the Applied amount on the charge line. Or type the desired payment amount into the Applied column of the charge line.
7. Save the Payment
- The payment has now been applied to multiple dependents charge(s).
- Clear Applied: This button will remove the current payments applied and resent the amount to disburse.
- Print Receipt After Saving: If you wish to print a receipt for the patient, check the box. Uncheck the box if you do not wish to print a receipt at this time.
- Save: Click Save to save the payment.
8. Payment Posted
After saving, the payment will be applied to the new charges and will be posted to the ledger once the new charge is posted.
If the payment was entered from the Ledger tab, the payment will be posted to the ledger.