Create a New Task
Q: How do I create a new task?
Task items can be created in two ways:
- Automatically: a new task is created automatically each time a document is added to the patient's chart.
- Manually: tasks can be manually created from the tasks list.
To manually create a new task item, follow the steps below.
1. Open Task Manager
To open the Task Manager, click on the SOAPware menu, then select Tasks.
*Note: If you would like to create a task that is associated with a patient, open the patient's chart before opening Task Manager.
3. Associate Task with Patient?
4. Complete Task Information
Complete the Create Task window by filling out the following information:
- Description: enter a description for the task
- Owner: the user that created the task (or the Provider if the task is associated with a document)
- Assigned to: select the user that the task will be assigned to
- Due: enter the due date
- Reminder: select a reminder date/time if desired (this will generate a pop-up to remind the Assigned To user of the task at the selected date/time)
- Priority: indicate a priority for the task
- Action/Status: select the action/status of the task
- Type: only used when task is associated with a document - can be left blank
- Notes: add any notes if desired
Click Save to create the task and send it to the Assigned To user.