Enter a Medication
Q: How do I enter a medication?
1. Open the Patient Chart
Open the patient's chart using the Chart Rack.
2. Open the Summary
Click the Summary tab to view the patient's Summary.
*Note: If the Summary tab is not visible in the chart, open it using the Chart Navigator.
3. Place Cursor
To begin entering information into the field, click on top of or next to the Medications field header. When the bold green brackets appear (as shown above), the field is active and ok to begin entering data.
4. Enter SMARText Medication
1. Type the name of the medication. Leave the cursor directly behind the last letter that was typed.
2. Press the Shift + the F11 key on your keyboard.
3. Double-click on the desired medication.
4. The SMARText medication has been entered into the patient's Medications field.