Setup HCPCS Maintenance
Q: How do I setup HCPCS maintenance (block 24D)?
*Note: PM Setup
The Practice Management setup process must be completed in a specific order. Please follow the setup lessons for step-by-step instructions.
1. Open HCPCS Maintenance
2. Search for CPT Codes and Edit as Desired
- HCPCS Lookup: using the drop-down menu to search for the desired HCPCS code or click in the HCPCS Lookup field and begin typing the desired HCPCS code.
- Short Description Lookup: HCPCS codes can also be searched for using the description. Click on the drop-down menu to search for the HCPCS code or click in the Short Description Lookup box and begin typing the desired HCPCS code description.
- Long Description: once a HCPCS code is selected, the log description for the HCPCS code will be displayed.
- Inactive: to inactivate a HCPCS code, place a check in the Inactive box.
- Use Custom Descriptions: if you wish to use a custom Short, Medium or Long description for the selected HCPCS code, check the Use Custom Descriptions box.
- Custom Short/Long Description: after checking the box in step 5, enter the desired custom description.
- Save: click Save to save any changes.
- Code List: allows the user to view a list of HCPCS codes and descriptions.
- Close: close the HCPCS Maintenance window.