Add New Users
How do I add a new user?
1. Open Security
Log in as the administrator. Click on the Tools menu, then select Security.
2. Add User
- Select Users
- Click the Green + button
3. Enter User Information
Enter the new users Name, Login ID, and initial password. If you wish to create a task list for the user, leave the Create Task List box checked (this is recommended). However, if this user does not need a task list, this box can be unchecked.
Click OK to save the new user.
4. Assign Security Privileges
- Click the + next to Users
- Highlight the new user's name
- Click the Role Membership tab
5. Assign a Role
Place a check in the box next to the new users role. This will assign the set of security privileges that have been created for the specified role.
6. Assign Provider Access
- Click the Provider Access tab
- Place a check in the box next to the providers that the user should have access to. This will give this new user access to charts owned by the selected providers.
7. Assign User Access
- Click the User Access tab
- Place a check in the box next to the users that the new user will need to be able to send task items to. The most common setting is to "Allow All".
Repeat steps 2-7 to add any additional New Users to SOAPware.
8. Close Security
Close the security window and log out of SOAPware. The new user is now created.
The new user can now log in using the new Login ID and password. When the new user logs in for the first time, they will be required to select an Active Provider and change their password.
For more detailed information on add a new user, see: Clinical 2012 User Manual.
Users are Ready to Login
Now that you have created your users and assigned security privileges through a role, your SOAPware Users are now ready to log in using their new User IDs and Passwords.
Next... Update Providers Information
Please see the next lesson for instructions on setting up the general security policy.