Setup a Fee Schedule
Q: How do I setup a fee schedule?
When setting up the SOAPware PM system, a default fee schedule along with the charge amounts must be manually created. After creating the default fee schedule, additional fee schedules can be created based on the existing fee schedule.
*Note: PM Setup
The Practice Management setup process must be completed in a specific order. Please follow the setup lessons for step-by-step instructions.
1. Open Fee Schedule Maintenance
2. Select the Default Fee Schedule
3. Add Procedure and HCPCS Codes
To add procedure and HCPCS codes to the default fee schedule:
- Click the Add Code button (Green +)
- Code Search: begin typing a procedure or HCPCS code into the Code Search dialog, or use the drop-down menu to locate the code that you wish to add
- Click OK to add the selected code
Repeat this step until all desired procedure and HCPCS codes have been added to the fee schedule. Make sure to add all of the codes that are commonly used in the practice.
Note: Codes must be downloaded to your local database in order to add them to your fee schedule. If a code is not listed here, it will need to be downloaded first. Download new quarterly/annual codes
4. Update Codes with Charge
Now that all of the clinics commonly used procedure and HCPCS codes have been added to the fee schedule, a charge will need to be added to each code. Follow the steps below to add a charge for each code:
- Ensure that the Default fee schedule and Manual Entry are selected
- Click the Update Codes button
- In the Code box, type in the first code or select it using the drop-down menu
- Enter the charge amount for the selected code
- Click Apply (the default amount will be automatically populated once the Apply button has been clicked)
Repeat these steps to add charges for all codes listed in the fee schedule. Click Close when finished.