New Features and Release Notes for the Current Version
Release Notes for 7.0.18010
- Resolved an out of memory issue associated with bulk export when using Share Chart.
- Resolved an issue with CCDA export that resulted in an exception when using Share Chart.
- Resolved various bulk export exceptions when using Share Chart.
- Resolved an issue with an arithmetic bug.
- Resolved an issue where clinical flow sheets would not print in chronological order.
- Resolved an issue with security when expiration date is reached which allowed users to log into SOAPware without credentials. User credentials that are set up prior to expiration and/or sunset date will remain enabled. Users also have the ability to recover their password.
Release Notes for 7.0.16060
- Resolved an issue with the Meaningful Use Patient Dasbhoard that was causing the "green checkmark" not to properly display.
- Resolved an issue with modifiers being removed from a claim after the claim was rebuilt.
- Resolved an issue with the order of diagnosis not holding when rebuilding a claim.
- Added a feature that will auto-number the related diagnosis as the user selects the diagnosis so they do not have to be manually ordered.
Release Notes for 7.0.16058
- Modified the default SOAPware font and colors.
- Modified immunization lot number functionality and made the lot numbers specific to the immunization order item that is selected.
- Modified the Order Manager, adding a new section for Working Orders. Click here for details on all of the changes made to Order Manager.
- Added functionality that allows the Order Manager to detect orders placed in the Plan field and stay in sync with the Order Manager.
- Added a feature that allows the user to reconcile the test results with the original order from the Labs and Radiology chart sections.
- Added a note that Pulled Charts will be retired in 7.0.17.
- Added a new reporting tool in Vitals Signs to calculate the CHA2DS2-VASc score.
- Updates the scheduling reports.
- Added a feature that will copy a single diagnosis from the Active Problems to the SOAP Note Assessment field.
- Added the pharmacy city and state to the pharmacy view in Demographics.
- Added a patient count to all custom reports.
- Updated the encryption algorithm that is used for creating passwords and logging in to SOAPware.
- Resolved an issue with printing flow sheets by a specified date range where they were printing all dates and out of chronological order.
- Resolved an issue that was causing a regular, non-administrative SOAPware user to be denied access to modify the Radiology Docutainer Info, which includes the document date, name, etc.
- Resolved an issue that was occurring with the Summary medication when the user re-filled a medication from Rx Manager, modified the strength of the medication, and then used F9 to removed unused items.
- Resolved an issue in the View All Refill Requests interface that was causing the Date Requested and Last Fill Date to not be displayed. These fields have been added back in to the second column for Refill Requests.
- Resolved an issue that was occurring when the user had medication sub-items deselected in the Options dialog. This was causing the user to be denied access to modify the sub-items through Rx Manager.
- Modified the Print Receipt functionality to be unchecked by default.
- Added zooming and image editing features to images scanned into the patient account.
- Added the ability to delete payments across multiple accounts.
- Updated all adjustment reason codes.
- Added a feature that allow the clinic to indicate that they accept online payment and add a payment link to their patient statements.
- Resolved an issue with the credit balance report not reporting the correct patients.
- Improved performance with running the credit balance report.
- Resolved an issue that was occurring when a claim has an auto-remit payment posted to it that has previously been posted and that claim is rebuilt and submitted, it was keeping all previous adjustments codes on the CAS line.
- Resolved an issue that was occurring when posting a remit with the next action selected as "wait for additional payment", it was changing the claims status from Submitted to Processed.
- Resolved an issue where the Date Entered when posting an insurance payment was defaulting to the current date when un-posting an auto-posted remit payment.
- Improved performance issues that were occurring when the clinic had one computer that was scrubbing a large amount of claims and a second computer that was accessing patient accounts.
Release Notes for 7.0.15054
- Added the patient detail information to the top header of documents when they are faxed from SOAPware using myHEALTHware Fax. The header information will contain the patient name, DOB, provider name, and the date/time of the document.
- Added a feature that will gray out certain measures on the Meaningful Use Snapshot when a back-dated snapshot is performed. These measures include: Maintain Problem List, Active Medication List, Record Demographics, Record Vital Signs, and Record Smoking Status. These measures will be grayed out on a back-dated snapshot because they do not calculate properly when running a back-dated report due to the fact that many of the items are not dated items.
- Modified the wording of "DPC Payment" in the Patient Account to be "Membership Fee".
- Resolved an issue where CPT codes were not staying in the proper order once they were submitted from Order Manager to the Billing Statement.
- Resolved an issue where users were able to edit the Related Dxs of an order after it has been submitted to the History tab.
- Resolved an issue where an extra space was inserted into the Notes field of the Add Document Task window when inserting an order.
- Resolved an issue where numerous orders where showing the incorrect Ordering Clinician.
- Resolved an issue where the user was receiving an error message and a "big red X" on the patient chart when opening the patient chart from the Scheduler.
- Resolved an error that was occurring when the user attempted to export a Meaningful Use snapshot from an older version of SOAPware.
- Improved performance related to an issue that was occurring when the SMARTFlow for NQF 0421 was running upon chart load.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing the user from adding an addendum or attachment to a document that had been previously signed off. In addition, this resolves the issue that was preventing the user from adding a new Summary template after deleting the existing Summary.
- Resolved an issue where the patient demographic header was not appearing on the header of documents when exported from Share Charts.
- Made improvements to the QRDA file exported from the Meaningful Use Dashboard to allow acceptance by the PQRS validator tool.
- Resolved an issue where the PM system was not allowing the user to delete an unapplied copay, prepay, or membership payment when it was spread across multiple patient accounts.
- Resolved an issue where the PM Next Action was not changing the claim from submitted to processed on $0.00 payments.
Release Notes for 7.0.15050
- Added a custom date range report for the Meaningful Use Dashboard.
- Added a basic schedule report.
- Increased the font size on the patient chart tab.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing users from uploading a Template to the SOAPware Cloud Library.
- Resolved an error that was occurring when attempting to export charts that contained certain PDF documents.
- Resolved an issue where signed off documents were not appearing as signed in the documents list.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing users from searching for Order Entry SMARText Items by doing an F11 or Shift F11 search in the SOAP note Plan field.
- Resolved an issue where the Related Dxs sub-item was not automatically displaying on all Order types.
- Resolved an issue where downloading SMARText Item updates for a medication was updating the currently entered medication, but was not updating the same medication item in the SMARText Items table.
- Resolved an error that was occurring when attempting to download certain remits.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing users from removing an un-applied pre-pay.
- Resolved an issue that was causing an "Unsaved Data" message to pop-up when attaching a patient to a manual remit.
- Resolved an issue that was occurring after rebuilding a claim and switching between claims in the post insurance payment screen. This issue was causing a manual remit not to turn from submitted to processed after the remit was posted.
- Resolved an issue with adjustment codes calculating incorrectly on the statement report when the adjustment amount was entered twice in the payment details screen, turning the negative amount into a positive amount prior to posting the payment.
- Added and updated all 2017 Modifiers to SOAPware Clinical and Practice Management.
Release Notes for 7.0.15031
- Added a new SOAPware background screen.
- Updated the 2017 CPT/HCPCS codes.
- Added several features to SOAPware Order Entry.
- Added features allowing the user to utilize chart color coding.
- Added a feature that allows the user to "switch user".
- Added several new Vital Signs reading types.
- Added a print button in the Flags/Notes chart section.
- Additional information added to the Schedule Reports.
- Added the ability to create a new user without a task list.
- Added several new Document Designer data item commands.
- Modified the MU Secure Messaging calculation to include the changes CMS authorized in 2016.
- Added keywords to generic medications that include the associated brand name.
- Resolved an issue where the Send to Fax button for myHEALTHware was not appearing until the button was clicked twice.
- Resolved an issue where the New Chart date picker was automatically filling in dates.
- Resolved an issue where charts for patients with special characters in their last name (hyphens or spaces) were not pulling up when searching by last name.
- Made improvements to optimize performance when opening a chart.
- Resolved an error with the EPCS plugin auditing.
- Resolved an error that was occurring when opening Rx Manager when internet is not available. A message is added to the bottom of Rx Manager stating that "No internet is available, online services are not available."
- Resolved an issue where searching for medications in Rx Manager was not displaying all medications that were available.
- Resolved an issue where the "preferred name" was not properly updating on the chart tab.
- Resolved an issue that was occurring when exporting orders via HL7. Some CPT codes were causing an error and were not allowing the HL7 ORM to be exported.
- Resolved an error that was occurring in HL7 when attempting to create a new chart.
- Resolved an issue where the SOAPware auto updater utility was not setting the large heap memory.
- Made improvements to ePrescribing outdated medications to make the workflow smoother and backwards compatible with old medication items.
- Resolved an issue that was occurring when manually creating a claim where users were receiving the message that they have unsaved data at inappropriate times.
- Resolved an issue that was occurring when a claim had an auto-remit payment posted to it that had been previously posted and the claim was rebuilt and submitted, it was keeping all previous adjustment codes on the CAS line.
Release Notes for 7.0.14057
- Added a new Unsigned Documents Report.
- Made modifications to Medication Formularies.
- Resolved an issue where Flow Sheets were not printing properly when using some of the available flow sheet templates.
- Resolved an issue where the header was not printing at the top of a superbill when printed from the chart.
- Resolved an issue where a "SMARTflow Exception" was occasionally occurring when signing off on a SOAP Note.
- Resolved an issue where Document Designer was not pulling the PM balance totals correctly.
- Resolved an issue where scheduled medications were printing duplicate prescriptions if there were Rx errors (DEA not valid/Address not valid, etc.) in Rx Manager.
- Resolved an issue where the "Denied New Rx to Follow" status was being held on a medication when the medication had been moved to the Summary.
- Resolved an issue where an error is received when clicking on a medication/SMARText item when the users workstation does not have access to the internet.
- Resolved an issue where an error is received when signing off on a chart when the users workstation does not have access to the internet.
- Resolved an issue where updating SMARText using the "light bulb" button in the SMARText Items Manager was removing all of the keywords from Rx Items.
- Resolved an issue where SOAPware was not allowing the user to ePrescribe a valid strength after choosing an invalid strength on a medication.
- Resolved an issue where the eRx state level drug check was not happening when a non-provider user was submitting a medication.
- Resolved an issue where the #$Orders$# Document Designer command was printing the last order if no orders were present in the selected document.
- Resolved an issue where certain compound medications were receiving an error in Rx Manager.
- Resolved an issue where certain medications were missing strengths when they were a powder.
- Resolved an issue where users were receiving messages stating medications had an invalid NDC code when attempting to ePrescribe.
- Added the ability to add credit card information to patient statements. For more information, please click here.
- Added several features related to Direct Primary Care (DPC) billing. For more information, please click here.
- Added the ability to apply a partial pre-payment, co-payment, or DPC payment to a charge.
- Modified the "Take Co-Pay" button to be "Take Payment".
- Added a feature that will display the Flags/Notes tab in the Post Insurance Payments screen.
- Added a new scrubber rule that will notify the user if the claim contains more than 12 diagnosis.
- Added the primary payer information to CMS 1500 box 11.
- Added several auditing features to track actions being performed by users in the Practice Management system.
- Resolved an issue where "Show All" was not defaulting in the Post Insurance Payments screen.
- Improved performance when opening the Insurance Payment Posting screen.
- Resolved an issue where the PM "End of Day" report was not being sorted in alphabetical order.
- Resolved an issue where the PM "Payment Summary" report is showing checks incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue where the claim status was staying as "Submitted" instead of "Processed/Patient Responsibility" if there was no secondary policy on file for the patient.
- Resolved an issue where the user was receiving an error message when attempting to print the patient Demographics from the Patient Account.
- Resolved an issue where modifiers were displaying in reverse order in the New Charges tab.
- Resolved an issue where matching a split claim wasn't displaying the details correctly.
- Resolved an issue where the claims scrubber was still rejecting a claim after a referring provider had been deleted from the claim.
- Resolved an issue with Secondary Electronic claims processing where some charges were being doubled on the secondary electronic claim file, which was causing the remit to not balance.
- Added integrated features for myHEALTHware outbound faxing through SOAPware. For more information, please click here.
- Added the ability to save a fax as a Draft so it can be collated/edited in myHEALTHware fax. For more information, please click here.
- Resolved an issue where SOAPware was not downloading documents other than PDFs into the patient chart. With this release, SOAPware will be able to download other file types, such as .jpg, .xlsx, .csv, and more!
- Resolved an issue that was occurring when importing files through SOAPwareXchange. In some instances the date of birth in the insurance policy was incorrectly listed as the date the file was processed.
- Resolved an issue where SOAPwareXchange was no longer referencing the soapware_docsexchange_patientmaps table as part of the matching algorithm.
- Resolved an issue where SOAPwareXchange was not allowing the user to enable or disable the Auto Create Charts feature.