Help Menu: Activity Based Training Resources
Training resources are available to users through the Help menu. These help resources have been developed to allow users to find simple steps to completing some of the common workflow activities within SOAPware. The help menu resources include instructional lessons that can be accessed through an easy to access docked tab within SOAPware. The instructional lessons include simple, step-by-step workflow instructions.
Search for a "How Do I..." Lesson
The searchable "How Do I..." dialog will allow a user to type in a keyword or topic to search on. Click on the Help menu, then place the cursor into the searchable "How Do I..." field.
Enter a keyword or topic to search (ex: add a new user, dock a tab, omit a paid charge, etc.), then press the Enter key to search.
After pressing the Enter key, the How Do I... window will appear inside of SOAPware to display the search results. In most cases, this window will be docked to the right side of the users screen (however, this window can be moved, docked elsewhere, or closed by the user, See: Docked Tabs).
Within the search results, click on a specific lesson to view the instructions for that topic.
The simple and step-by-step instructions will be displayed for the user inside of the docked tab.
Several of the instructional lessons will include short demonstration videos. If a video is available for the lesson, it will be located at the bottom of the lesson. The videos are sized to be viewable within the docked tab window, but can be re-sized or transitioned into full screen for easier viewing.
The How Do I... help window includes the following browser controls:
- Back/Forward/Refresh: To move back to a previously viewed lesson, click the back button. To more forward to a previously viewed lesson, click the forward button. Click the refresh button to refresh the lesson on screen.
- Home: The home button will direct the user to a listing of available help resources. These resources include the ability to browse available How Do I... lessons, role based workflow training lessons, and patient visit workflow training lessons. These resources are discussed in more detail later in this documentation.
- Search: The search dialog allows the user to type in another keyword or topic to search the How Do I... documentation.
Help - Home Button
Clicking the Home button on the How Do I... window will direct the user to a listing of available help resources:
- Browse Help Categories: Clicking the "How Do I..." link will allow the user to browse a listing of Help lessons.
- Role Based Workflow Training: The role based workflow training exercises present training lessons that are based upon each role's typical workflow. Click the desired role to view the instructional workflow exercises.
- Patient Visit Workflow Training: The patient visit workflow training exercises present training lessons that are organized based up the typical workflow of a patient visit. Click the "Patient Workflow" link to view the exercises.
Browse Help Categories: How Do I...
The user can click the "How Do I..." link located on the Help Home page (or go to Help > Browse Help Categories) to browse a listing of help categories.
Closing the How Do I... Window
To close the How Do I... window, simply click the Auto Hide button (push pin icon). This will create a new tab located on the right side of your screen (the push pin icon will face to the left). Any time you need to search for a help topic or keyword, simply click on the tab to access the How Do I... documentation.
Clicking the push pin icon again (the push pin icon will then face downward) will pin the window open allowing you to view the documentation while working inside of SOAPware.