Transfer Lab Results or Vital Signs to a Flow Sheet
Q: How do I transfer lab results or vital signs to a flow sheet?
1. Open Flow Sheet and Labs Chart Sections in a Patient's Chart
Using Chart Navigator, open the Flow Sheet chart section on the left side of the chart workspace, and the Lab chart section, on the right side of the chart workspace.
*Note: Use the following steps to transfer vital signsinto a flow sheet as well as transfer labs.
2. Open a Current or New Flow Sheet
3. Open a Lab Report with Desired Lab Documented
4. Highlight Lab/Vital Sign to be Transferred to Flow Sheet
5. Drag and Drop the Lab Test Result into the Flow Sheet
Holding down a left click on your mouse, drag and drop the result into the flow sheet.
6. All Previous and Future Labs/Vital Signs are Documented on the Flow Sheet
All past results/vitals for this specific item, will be transferred to the Flow Sheet. If this test is entered into the lab section in the future, those results will also transfer to the Flow sheet.
*Note: if labs are received from multiple outside labs via HL7, this process will only transfer the results from one lab. This process will need to be repeated for multiple lab facilities if needed.