Backup the Database
Q: How do I Backup the Database?
1. Start the SOAPware Data Manager
3. Enter Backup Information
- Backup Name: Choose a meaningful backup name that can be easily remembered.
- Append Current Date: This will attach a date stamp of when the backup was run. If checked, new backup files will be created each day, which in turn will create multiple backups. If this is not checked, the backup will overwrite the last backup each time.
- Select Backup Save Location: Choose the folder where the backup file will be placed.
- Set Backup Schedule: Click the expandable arrow to view backup scheduling options. See the Scheduling section below for more details on setting a backup schedule.
- Backup Now Button: Click this button if you wish run a backup now using the settings on this tab.
It can take from 20 minutes to several hours for a backup to complete. SOAPware cannot be used while the backup is running. Please plan to schedule backups to run nightly for the best results.
4. Schedule Backups and Maintenance
Expand the "Set Backup Schedule" tab by clicking on the down arrow icon.
- Run: Under the Run drop down, you may choose the schedule run type from Once, Daily, Weekly or Monthly. Different options will appear depending on the type of schedule selected.
- Time: Set the time for the task to run. This should be a time when there are no users accessing the database.
- Name: Name the schedule so that it will be unique within the Windows Task Manager. If there is already a task with the same name, it will ask if you would like to overwrite the existing task.
- Save: Click the Save Schedule button.
Other Backup Options and Settings
For more information on database options, log file maintenance and restoration, please see: Backing Up SOAPware Data.