Setup ICD Maintenance
Q: How do I setup ICD maintenance (block 21)?
*Note: PM Setup
The Practice Management setup process must be completed in a specific order. Please follow the setup lessons for step-by-step instructions.
1. Open ICD Maintenance
2. Search for ICD Codes and Edit as Desired
- ICD Code Lookup: using the drop-down menu to search for the desired ICD code or click in the Description Lookup field and begin typing the desired ICD code.
- Description Lookup: ICD codes can also be searched for using the description. Click on the drop-down menu to search for the ICD code or click in the Short Description Lookup box and begin typing the desired ICD code description.
- Inactive: to inactivate a ICD code, place a check in the Inactive box.
- Use Custom: if you wish to use a custom short description for the selected ICD code, check the Use Custom box.
- Custom Short Description: after checking the box in step 4, enter the desired custom description.
- Save: click Save to save any changes.
- Code List: allows the user to view a list of ICD codes and descriptions.
- Close: close the ICD Maintenance window.