Setup CPT® Code Maintenance
Q: How do I setup CPT code maintenance (block 24D)?
*Note: PM Setup
The Practice Management setup process must be completed in a specific order. Please follow the setup lessons for step-by-step instructions.
1. Open CPT Maintenance
2. Search for CPT Codes and Edit as Desired
- CPT Lookup: using the drop-down menu to search for the desired CPT code or click in the CPT Lookup field and begin typing the desired CPT code.
- Short Description Lookup: CPT codes can also be searched for using the description. Click on the drop-down menu to search for the CPT code or click in the Short Description Lookup box and begin typing the desired CPT code description.
- Medium & Log Description: once a CPT code is selected, the medium and log description for the CPT code will be displayed.
- Inactive: to inactivate a CPT code, place a check in the Inactive box.
- Use Custom Descriptions: if you wish to use a custom Short, Medium or Long description for the selected CPT code, check the Use Custom Descriptions box.
- Custom Short/Medium/Long Description: after checking the box in step 5, enter the desired custom description.
- Save: click Save to save any changes.
- Code List: allows the user to view a list of CPT codes and descriptions.
- Close: close the CPT Code Maintenance window.