Order Manager Set Up
Order Entry allows the user to place, manage, and track orders and results from within the patient chart. These orders are used in the Plan field. This SMARText Item type will display as Order Entry in the SMARText Manager window when searching. This item type is the base of all Orders in the SOAPware system. It is important to understand that the Order Entry item type is different from other SMARText Items.
*Note: In the Security settings, there is an option to cancel the creation of a task item. It is generally not a good idea to allow a task item creation to be canceled. If this option is activated, it is possible to skip creating a task item by clicking Cancel. The order will be placed for the patient, but without an associated task item.
Immunization Order and Order Entry SMARText Item Types
The only SMARText Item types that can be used in Order Manager are: Immunization Order items and Order Entry items. (Due to the way these particular SMARText item types are designed)
- They cannot be searched and inserted into the plan field by using F11 or Shift F11.
- They cannot be part of a SMARText Pick List.
- They cannot be selected from SMARText Quick Access.
- They cannot be inserted into the Plan field by using a shortcut code.
Downloading Order Entry and Immunization Order Items
Before downloading, we recommend making a list of the most frequently used Immunizations and Orders in the practice (Orders are any diagnostic test or procedure that need to be performed inhouse or outside of the clinic. Immunizations are any vaccines that may be administered).
To download the order entry items that will be used in the clinical practice:
- First access the SMARText Items Manager from the Docutainers menu item or by pressing the F10 key. Verify the check box for Include Cloud Library Items is checked.
- Users can search for Order Entry and Immunization items using keywords such as the test, vaccine, or procedure name. Users may also search using the CPT code. *Note: In the Type column, the Order Entry and Immunization items can be identified. Clicking on the Type column header will group the SMARText Items together by Type.
- Click to highlight the item you want, then click the blue downward facing arrow to download. After items have been downloaded, customization of the Order Entry sub-items can be made if needed., however, it is rare that a new item is needed to be created.
*Note: Users will not be able to download any CPT codes that have a red downward facing triangle.
Customize Order Entry Sub-Items
Structured Order Entry
Structured Immunization Entry
The Immunization Entry set up will include two areas:
- Immunization Specific Setup: This will show sub-items specific to immunizations. These sub-items may be required for reporting to state registries for Meaningful Use.
- Generic Order Entry Setup: This will show sub-items that will be displayed in the Order Manager with Immunization items.
Order Entry Destination Set Up
Order Entry Destinations are facilities that are user defined where orders can be submitted. For example, Memorial Hospital Lab might be a destination. It is a place to send orders (i.e. tests, labs, studies, procedures, equipment, etc.) to be processed.
- Click Docutainers.
- Select Order Entry.
- Click Destinations.
Select a Document Design to Print/Fax from Order Manager
An order design will need to be downloaded within the Document Designer and selected when faxing and printing.
To display the Document Designer, go to Tools > Document Designer.
In Document Designer:
- Go to the File > Available Designs.
- In the Find field, type orders, the click the Search (magnifying glass) button. Preview a design by clicking on name of design to highlight, then click OK.
- If the triangle next to the design is facing down, the design will need to be downloaded before previewing. Click on the blue facing down arrow to download.
*Note: Make sure to have the box next to Include Cloud Libary Items checked prior to running your search for order designs.