Create Custom Field Headers
Field headers are the dark green headers located in either the Summary or SOAP Notes documents (e.g.: Active Problems, Allergies, Objective, Assessment, etc.). Custom field headers can be created to be inserted into either the Summary and/or SOAP Note sections.
The default field headers are very important to continue to use for their functions as they contain hard coded functions in the background. For example, The SOAP Note Medications field is required to be used for ePrescribing, etc. Custom field headers can be created for other categories, but all default headers must be used for Dx's, Plan, Medications, etc.
Enable Editing of SMARText Outside of the Fields
Create the New Field Item
Click Docutainers in the menu bar, and Click the SMARText Items menu item
- When the SMARText Items dialog opens, click the Create button.
- This will bring up the SMARText Type Selection window.
Select the Item Type
Insert the New Field
- Open the Template to change.
- The user should click at the location where he/she wants to insert the new field name/header. A set of small green brackets will appear to indicate that the user is working outside of the fields within the Template. Hit enter three or four times to create some space for the new field.
- Type the xhortcut for the new field.