2012 New Features
The following is a list of some of the exciting new features that are available in SOAPware 2012.
Automatic Update Functionality
After the upgrade to SOAPware 2012, users will now be notified of SOAPware updates through our new Automatic Update functionality. The SOAPware Updates Manager will allow the user to perform updates through a simple, automatic update process on each computer.
The new Patient Flags/Notes function will allow users to create and record patient flags (alerts) or notes that will warn the SOAPware user when the patient's chart or account is opened.
2012 New Features - Clinical
Allergy SMARText Items
SMARText Allergy Items
SOAPware 2012 now contains a new SMARText Item Type called "Allergy". The SOAPware Online Library contains allergy items for all drug allergies/intolerances and all allergy categories (ie: NSAIDS, Penicillins, etc).
The SMARText Allergy items contain several sub-items that allow the user to quickly document the allergy severity, reaction, status, type and onset date.
2012 New Features - Practice Management
SOAPware 2012 includes full 5010 claim format implementation, affecting changes in the following areas:
- Insurance Companies
- Insurance Policies on Patient Accounts
- Charge Details
- Claim Details
New Integrations with Gateway EDI
- Insurance Eligibility Checking: Users will now be able to receive insurance policy eligibility information through Gateway EDI directly into SOAPware.
- Patient Statement Integration: Users will also be able to submit statements electronically to Gateway EDI for patient mail out.
SOAPware 2012 includes the following improvements to claims:
- The ability to select Paper or Electronic routing at the claim level. This will no longer be tied to the Insurance Company setting.
- The ability to route claims back to Primary or Secondary insurance companies without the next action being tied to the posting of insurance payments.
- The ability to mark a claim as Processed (Patient Responsibility) without the next action being tied to the posting of insurance payments.
Custom Patient Report
SOAPware 2012 includes a new custom patient report that allows custom searches of patient information and counts, based on multiple criteria.
Patient Balance Breakdown
The patient balance information in the top right of the Patient Account will include the following changes:
- Patient - Personal and Insurance separated
- Family - Personal and Insurance balances separated
Document Designer now includes several Scheduling and Billing related Data Items, including the following:
- Next and previous appointment times
- Current patient and insurance balances
- Payments posted today
- Charges posted today
- Last billing statement date
The following changes will be available for Statements in SOAPware 2012:
- The ability to remove the Tax ID from statements
- A new Summary page preceding batch statements that indicates total amounts sent out in statements and associated A/R amounts.
- Statements will no longer be tied to the Active Facility in Scheduler. A Remit Facility can now be selected from the Statement Report dialog.
- The ability to confirm updating each patient account with a copy of each statement sent out. SOAPware will not automatically update each patient unless the user indicates to do so.
Chart Rack Search
The ability to search for a patients chart or patient account by Account Number.
Changes to the CMS 1500
- SOAPware 2012 now prints out multiple claim forms if the number of diagnosis or CPT/HCPCS codes exceed the number of allowable per form.
- The ability for users to decide to print out the fewest number of pages or to keep the order of the CPT/HCPCS codes the same.
Additional 2012 Updates
Other Practice Management Updates
- Claims options - A new security setting to lock down editing of fields by anyone not approved.
- Scrubber rule removed for not having a Facility with a visit.
- Demographics can be printed from the Patient Account, without having to go to the Chart.
- Removed the Outstanding Insurance Report and added a new A/R Carrier Report.
- Users will see improved performance when starting SOAPware, opening large charts, switching between chart sections, exporting charts to CCR, bulk signing tasks, and other areas.
- SOAPware will begin gathering various product measures in order to continuously improve our product. This information is completely anonymous and is not related back to specific users or clinics.
- Examples of information that will be gathered includes: number of charts, meaningful use statistics, number of times a menu has been selected, and performance information related to various operations in SOAPware.
- The tracking of analytics data is turned ON by default. Users can turn off analytics tracking under Tools > Options > Logging.
For more information on the bug fixes in 2012, please see: 2012 Release Notes.