Accessing Provider Manager
To open Provider Manager, Click Tools in the menu bar and select Provider Manager.
The General tab will display the providers demographic information including:
- Name, Address, Contact information (phone, fax and email address) and Physician numbers (DEA, NPI, State ID, UPIN, NADEAN)
- If the selected provider is a supervising clinician in the practice, a check needs to be placed in the box next to Is Supervisor. For more information on Is Supervisor, see: Co-Signatures.
- Many fields are required fields for ePrescribing. Add all required provider demographics and click the Update button at the bottom of the window. If a required field is missing, it will be indicated with a warning icon.
Adding a Provider
The Provider Manager can also be used to add new providers and edit existing providers. When users first purchase SOAPware, the licenses purchased will be entered as a part of the setup. However, if users add additional providers at a later date, users will need to use provider manager to add these providers.
Click the Add Provider button.
Fill in the required information for that provider (a license must be available for the provider to be added).
Save and Close
Click Save & Close.
Download New Provider
Click the Download Providers button to add the new provider information from Site Administration to the local network.
The Misc tab will display the Associated User which includes the LoginID and clinicians name.
The Billing section will need to be completed by SOAPware Practice Management users.
- Group: Click the drop down arrow to display a list of available Groups. Select the appropriate Group to associate to the Provider.
- Superbill Task User*: The user selected in this drop down box will be the default user assigned tasks from the selected physician when superbills are posted.
- Auto-Create Post Superbill Task: Checking this box will allow a task to be auto created and automatically assigned (to the user selected in step 2 above) every time a superbill is posted, without requiring the physician to manually click to add the task each time.
- Batch Eligibility Report Deductible: For now, this setting can be left blank. This drop-down menu will be used for a future feature currently in development.
*Until a specific user is selected in this drop down box, the physician will be listed as the default user for the task created when a superbill is posted. If a group of staff members within the clinic process superbills, post charges and create claims for each provider, and there is not one designated person who does this for a specific provider, a generic user can be set up under Security to which to assign these tasks. Staff members needing to see the newly posted superbills can then simply pull up the task list for the generic user created.
Please see our Practice Management manual for PM Set Up requirements.
The Codes tab in Provider Manager allows users to set default menu items for the Objective field menu, a default follow up statement for an encounter note, as well as giving users the option to have the provider's name appear in every new encounter that is created.
By typing in the SMARText code for the common exams that are used, they will appear as selections in the Objective field menu.
After making any changes, click Update at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the Select Image button.
- Once the image has been located, double click to insert.
- The image will not immediately be in view. Click on the button with the "-" sign to re-size the image and bring it into view. Note that the size percentage changes as the image is re sized.
- To save, click the Update button in the lower right hand corner.
To remove the image, simply click on the Clear button.
Signatures & Document Design
To insert a physician's signature on a document design, click Data Items > Misc. Data Items > Clinician > Signature
For more information on using Document Designer, see: About Document Designer.