The Customize Keyboard tool allows shortcut key-command to be assigned for use within SOAPware. This can greatly increase productivity by making it faster and easier to access the SOAPware functions. Keyboard commands are user-specific in SOAPware.
Customize Keyboard Window
The Customize Keyboard dialog has three main areas which work together in setting-up keyboard commands.
1. The top section, Specify a Command, allows for the selection of a command to assign to a key-command shortcut.
2. The center section, Specify a Shortcut, presents a list of possible keys and key combinations to allow for selection.
3. The bottom section, Description, displays a short explanation of what the selected command does within SOAPware.
Assigning a Keyboard Shortcut to a Command
To assign a key-command shortcut to a SOAPware command:
1. Click a Categories list item,
2. Click a Commands list item.
NOTE: When browsing commands in the All Commands category, some commands appear to have the same name. If the Description doesn’t help identify the difference between commands, try to find the command in a more specific category.
Specify a Shortcut
When Shortcuts are Already Assigned
Removing a Keyboard Shortcut from a Command
To remove a previously assigned key-command shortcut from a SOAPware command, click the Category list item, then click the command list item, and click the specified Shortcut list item to modify. Once the command is selected, click the Remove button located at the bottom. The shortcut will be removed from the selected command.