Users in Security
Users are the individuals accessing SOAPware. So, everyone needing access to SOAPware will need to be set up as a specific, individual User.
Create a New User
- Click to highlight Users.
- Click the New User (green +) button.
- Fill in the First name, Last name, assign a Login ID, assign a Password, and Confirm the password. *Note: The user will be told that their password has expired when they log in for the first time allowing them to change the password to one that only they will know.
- If you do not wish for this user to have a Task List in SOAPware, uncheck the Create Task List box. By default, it is recommended that all users have a Task List, therefore we recommend leaving this box checked.
- Click OK.
Set Up a New User and Assign a Role
- Click on the expander node (+) next to Users to drop down a list of user names.
- Click to highlight a user's name.
- Click on the Role Membership tab.
- Place a check next to the user's Assigned Role. *Note: More than one role may be selected per user.
- Emergency Access Roles: Emergency access roles can also be set for a user. For information on setting the users emergency access roles, please see: Emergency Access Role.
*Notes: Any clinician that owns a SOAPware license will be set up in Security in the role of Clinician automatically, once the license is activated. A user will not be able to log into SOAPware unless they are assigned a Role.
Assign a New User to a Group
- Click on the Group Membership tab.
- Place a check next to the group that the user will be a member of. *Note: The Administrator Group is a default and does not need to be selected unless the user is an Administrator in the facility. It is not necessary to utilize the Group Membership feature for all users. This will mainly be used to identify your administrator group. If the user is not an administrator, leave this blank.
Assign Provider Access for a New User
- Click on the Provider Access tab. *Note: A user will not have access to patient charts in the Chart Rack unless Provider Access is given.
- Place a check next to the Provider(s) name whose charts the user will be accessing. *Note: Most clinics select Allow All, so that users have access to all Providers within the clinic.
- If you wish to allow access to all the providers on the list, click the Allow All button.
Assign User Access for a New User
- Click on the User Access tab. *Note: A user will not have access to other Task lists unless user access is given.
- Place a check next to the users' names that the new user will need to send Tasks to. *Note: Most clinics click Allow All.
- If you wish to give the new user access to send tasks items to all other users, simply click the Allow All button.
Save Changes in Security
Delete/Remove a User from Security
Important: A clinician with a SOAPware license cannot be deleted/removed from SOAPware Security. The license must be made Inactive in Site Administration. Removing all permissions in Security and unchecking their name in the Group, Provider Access, and Users tabs, will make them invisible.
To remove a user from SOAPware:
- Click to highlight users.
- Click to highlight the name of the user to be Deleted/Removed.
- Click on the Remove User (red X) button.
- Click Yes to remove the selected user.