Creating a New Chart Section
These instructions will show how to create new chart sections within Chart Navigator.
Locate the Parent Section
Type the Name
After the new chart section has been added, users within SOAPware must be given Security Administration rights to access the new chart section. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Using the Administrator login, Click Tools > Security.
- Click the + sign next to the user's name that you wish to give access to.
- Click the + sign next to Charts. Click the + sign next to Documents. Highlight the new Chart Section name.
- Assign security privileges to the new chart section as desired (green check means privilege granted, red X means the privilege is denied).
- PERFORM THIS FOR EACH USER THAT WILL NEED ACCESS TO THIS NEW SECTION.
- Click the Close button to exit Security Administration. The user should now logout of SOApware and back in for the new settings to take place.
Removing a Chart Section
Note: You cannot remove SOAPware’s default Chart Sections. This action can only be performed on chart sections that you have created.
WARNING: This operation should only be performed after you have assured that there are no other users currently working with patient charts. This will help to prevent the loss of patient data.
When a user wishes to remove a Chart Section, SOAPware will display a prompt for the location to place the Document(s) contained within that section. The Reassign Documents dialog box will open.
- Choose the Section in which to place the documents by Clicking to highlight it in the list.
- Because of the sensitive nature of performing this action, verification is requested that the user has read the warning, and has ensured that no other users are working with patient charts. To perform this action, Click to check the box "I have verified this."
- Then, Click the Reassign Button.
The documents contained within the section to be deleted will be moved, and the section will also be removed.
Click Cancel if this action needs to be stopped, and SOAPware will return to the Chart Sections editor.