Setting the Default Template
Templates allow common sets of document items for various chart sections to be saved and reused later. This capability is particularly useful for documenting common conditions seen repeatedly. They are also great tools for implementing best practice guidelines and more consistency in documentation.
*Note: The default SOAP Note Template when SOAPware is installed is for Getting Started or Introduction purposes only. It needs replacement once users have completed the initial Introduction to SOAPware.
Open the Chart Section Editor
Click Tools > Chart Section Editor.
Select the Chart Section
In order to select a chart section for editing
- Click the chart section list item of choice.
- Then, click Edit Section Defaults.
- Click on the Defaults list item on the left to establish the default Templates for the entire network (all users).
- Click the Browse ellipsis button to the right, as shown in the screen shot above, to open the Select Default Templates dialog.
*Note: To establish a default Template for a specific user, simply click the user name on the left, uncheck "Use Defaults", then click the Browse ellipsis button to select the desired Template for the user.
- Select the desired Template, then click OK.
- In the subsequent dialog, click Close.
- Exit and restart SOAPware to activate the changes.