Accessing & Creating Flow Sheets
Flow Sheets provide a graphical representation of various clinical data elements. They also help show how the data elements all relate to each other. For example, users may want to visually trace a patient's INR, Protime, A1C or a lipid panel.
Flow Sheets in SOAPware are created as Templates, and can be found listed in the Template Manager.
Plotting graphs has been greatly simplified in SOAPware. A check box has been added to each managed item, which when checked, automatically appears in a graph above the body of the Flow Sheet.
Certain Flow Sheet Items, such as vital signs readings and lab report values can be automatically filled on creation of a new Flow Sheet if data for them exists in the patient chart. It is possible to drag and drop a vital sign from the Vitals Signs section and add it as an item in a Flow Sheet.
Opening the Flow Sheets Chart Section
Flow Sheets Chart Section
- Date/Time Stamp: This section contains the date/time stamp for when the flow sheet was created, the name of the flow sheet, owner and status.
- Graph: This section displays a graph of the flow sheet items when selected. Remember that you will need a Numeric Item type in order for the numbers entered to graph correctly. For more information see: Creating Flow Sheet Items.
- Flow Sheet Items/Filter: This section contains the flow sheet items along with the date and time of the flow sheet items and the mini-toolbar which allows the user to edit the displayed flow sheet. This section also contains a filter option where a user can limit the view of readings for a patient by putting in a start and end date, or check the "Show All" feature to display all readings for a patient for a particular test.
- Notes: This section can be used as a blank text box to insert notes.
- Flow Sheet List: This section contains the list of Flow Sheets that are being followed for the current patient, as well as the mini-toolbar which allows the user to add or remove a flow sheet.