Adding a New Handout
If the user needs to create a custom handout or a handout on a topic not covered by an existing handout, the user can create his/her own.
Create a New Handout
Enter the Handout Demographic Information
A new, empty handout will appear in the handout preview window. Complete the following document demographic information:
- Name: The new handout’s name will be filled in automatically.
- Description: Enter a short Description for the handout.
- Keywords: Enter keywords that are related to the handout. These keywords should include the diagnosis/medication/procedure name that you would want to give this handout for. Keywords are what SOAPware uses to find and suggest the handout for the patient.
- Lab Test Names: If this handout will be given to patients based on lab test results that are high or low, indicate the lab test name in the Lab Test Names field.
- Lab Flag: Indicate if this handout should be given for the indicated lab test when the value is High (H) or Low (L).
- Author (Optional): Enter the author for the handout.
- Email (Optional): Enter the email address related to the handout.
Creating a Text Handout
Step 1: Creating a PDF Handout
To create a PDF handout, follow the steps below:
- Locate the PDF document that the user wishes to import into SOAPware.
- Left-click on the PDF document and begin dragging it into the Handouts window. Place the mouse cursor to the right of the active tab within the newly created handout, then release the left click. This will import the PDF document into SOAPware Handouts.