Clinical Alerts are a simple way to have SOAPware display text based prompts/reminders when a defined value is found in a specific location within the chart. Clinical Alerts are automatic. When one is triggered, a small pop-up will display, and then slowly fade out after a few moments. The basics of an alert are defined by When, Location, Coding Type, Check Value, and Display Text.
How To Access Clinical Alerts
Click Tools in the menu bar, and Click Clinical Alerts Manager, to display the Clinical Alerts Manager.
How To Create a Clinical Alert
To add a new rule, Click in the top row of the display. The next step will be to define the basics of the alert:
- When- Defines when (i.e. the trigger) the alert is presented (e.g. when opening a document or when inserting a SMARText Item).
- Location- The name of the SOAPnote or Summary field in which to watch for entry of the code/word/trigger (Assessment, Plan, Inactive Problems, etc.). Select the drop down list of standard fields, or type in the name of a custom field.
- Coding Type- The match can be to text or to any of the coding systems (e.g. ICD-9, CPT, SNOMED-CT, LOINC, SWICPC, etc.) SOAPware supports the Codes/Notes sections of the SMARText Item Editor.
- Check Value- This is the value SOAPware looks for to match. In the case of text, it is case insensitive.
- Display Text- This is the text that will be displayed to alert users when a positive match is found.
Complete each field and Click the Close button to save.
Any pending alerts can be displayed, on demand, for the current chart by Clicking "View" in the main menu, and Selecting Clinical Alerts.
Removing a Clinical Alert
Click to highlight the line item, and then Click on the Remove button.
Clinical Alerts Display
The alert results as a pop-up notifying the user of new SMARTflow Results, meaning a clinical alert has been triggered. A user is able to click on "New SMARTflow results have been received" which will then take the user to the Workflow Display Manager.
- A user is able to sort results by Category by clicking on the column header. A user can also group items through the category column, based on the user's interests.
- The top line displays the core information.
- Details are displayed in the second column.
**Note: The Workflow Display Manager can be docked tab and moved to any of the four edges of the Chart workspace. Users can also leave the Workflow Display Manager floating if desired.