Task List Functions
Choosing Task User
To view a specific user’s tasks, click the User drop down menu, and click on a user name. All tasks assigned to the selected user will be displayed. Click the All Users menu item in order to see all tasks in the entire system.
Choosing Task Type
Click the Show drop down menu, and click on a Task type. This provides access to:
- Assigned Tasks (all tasks assigned to the selected user)
- Owned Tasks (for the selected user, the owner will always be the Provider displayed at the top of SOAPware when the task was created)
- Created Tasks (all tasks created by the selected user)
Document Tasks (displays only tasks associated with a Document for the selected user ,not tasks that were manually created from the Task Manager)
- Tasks within the current Patient chart (and NOT based on a selected user)
Customize Task View
It is possible to customize the view of the Task Information area per user preference.
1. Click the Customize View button (or Press Control + Alt + Z) to display the Choose Details dialog.
Customize Task View - Choose Details
Click the check boxes to the left of the various columns available. This is the mechanism to select the columns displayed in the task list area of the Tasks Manager. Click to uncheck any items that are not to be displayed in the task list area.
Rearrange Task Item Details
Click a Choose Details item, and click the Move Up or Move Down buttons to rearrange the columns in the Task Manager. Click OK to save changes.
Show Inactive Task Items
In the Choose Details dialog, click the Show items inactivated in the last check box, and select the number of days down-arrow to retrieve and display tasks that have been completed or inactivated (up to 99 days). Click OK to save. The Task Manager viewer will then show both active task items and inactivated task items in the same list. Inactivated tasks are displayed marked-through.
Group Task Items by Column
To group a task item by a column:
- Click on the desired column to group/
- Drag and drop column header between red arrows displayed in the left corner of task list/
Reset Task Item Column
To reset the column from a group list :
- Click on the column header.
- Drag column header up.
Editing a Task
In order to edit a task from the Task Manager:
- Click the selection box containing the black triangle to the left of the task item.
- Click the Edit button.
- The Edit Task window will open, allowing the user to edit the task information.
Editing a Task - Option 2
The user can also edit a Task one section at a time. To do this, click the drop down menu next to the item and select another option for the task item.
Editing Multiple Items
To make edits to multiple tasks all at once, first select the group of tasks to edit. Always click the selection box containing the black triangle to the left of the task item whenever selecting tasks.
- Once the tasks to edit are selected-highlighted, click the Edit Task button.
- This displays the Multi-Item Edit dialog.
Click the Include check boxes corresponding to the edits desired.
Select New Choices
Once Include is checked, its drop down menu becomes available to make changes. Click the drop down menu of any item to change the assigned option. Click OK to save changes. In this example, we can bulk reassign all of these tasks at once, instead of having to do so individually.