Growth Charts Interface
SOAPware's Growth Charts can be used to automatically track growth rates and percentile comparisons for patients over time for both girl and boy genders. The patient's gender and birth date must be entered in the General Demographics chart section for this to take effect. Based on the WHO and CDC standard growth charts, measurement data points are pulled from patients' Vital Signs and automatically plotted. Growth charts may be printed for off line use.
Using the Growth Charts Section
To open the Growth Charts chart section, click on the Chart Navigator docked tab (or select Chart > Chart Navigator), then double-click on the Growth Charts section.
To add a new growth chart, click on the Create Document button (green plus button) and then select the desired growth chart and click OK.
Using Growth Charts in Vital Signs
- Right click over the Vital Signs tab at the bottom of the section.
- Select New.
- Select Growth Charts.
- Select desired Growth Chart from the available options.
View Growth Chart
SOAPware will automatically plot the values on the chart using black X's and will continue to plot the Vital Signs by sequential dates.
Available Growth Charts
The CDC recommends that health care providers: use the WHO growth standards to monitor growth for infants and children ages 0 to 2 years of age in the U.S and use the CDC growth charts for children age 2 years and older in the U.S.
The following WHO growth standards charts have been added to SOAPware:
- Birth to 24 months: Boys Weight-for-length percentiles and Head circumference-for-age percentiles
- Birth to 24 months: Boys Length-for-age percentiles and Weight-for-age percentiles
- Birth to 24 months: Girls Weight-for-length percentiles and Head circumference-for-age percentiles
- Birth to 24 months: Girls Length-for-age percentiles and Weight-for-age percentiles
The following CDC growth charts have been added to SOAPware:
- 2 to 20 years: Boys Stature-for-age and Weight-for-age
- 2 to 20 years: Boys BMI-for-age
- 2 to 20 years: Boys Weight-for-stature
- 2 to 20 years: Girls Stature-for-age and Weight-for-age
- 2 to 20 years: Girls BMI-for-age
- 2 to 20 years: Girls Weight-for-stature