Syndromic Health Surveillance
State health registries require specific information as part of the syndromic surveillance data submitted. This includes the facility name and the facility ID which is assigned by the registry. Prior to following the steps below, contact your registry to obtain your facility ID. To make sure that the registry name and facility name are included in the syndromic surveillance data, follow the steps from Add Registry to Associate Facilities. The rest of this lesson will demonstrate how SOAPware will detect a reportable diagnosis. An already created folder on the user's computer will need to be accessible to save the SMARTFlow Results to the computer.
Add a Registry
- Go to Tools > Manage Registries.
- Click the Add Registry (green +) button, to add a registry.
Add a Facility
- Enter the name of the immunization registry.
- Click the Add Facility (green +) button to add a facility.
Select a Facility
- Using the drop down menu, click to choose the facility where immunizations are performed. If your facility is not listed, please see, Manage Facilities.
- Enter the facility ID assigned and obtained from your health registry.
- Click Save.
- If another immunization facility is needed, click the Add New Registry (green +) button, and follow the previous step.
- If edits need to be made to the existing facility, click the edit button.
- If a facility needs to be removed, click the Remove a Facility (red x) button.
- Click Save in the bottom right corner to save the registry name.
SOAP note Documentation
When entering a reportable diagnosis SMARText item into the Assessment field of the SOAP Note, the SMARTFlow Results window will display. This window will prompt the user to review and save this information to their computer for future use if needed.
For instance, if Influenza (SMARText diagnosis item) is used in the Assessment field, the SMARTFlow Results window will appear in the far left bottom of SOAPware.
This window may be pinned open and may be moved by dragging to a desired location to view the SMARTFlow Results. If the pop-up window was missed, Click View > SMARTFlow Results.
View SMARTFlow Results
To view the SMARTFlow Results:
- Click the underlined text: New SMARTFlow results have been received.
- Click View > SMARTFlow Results, if the pop-up window was missed.
The SMARTFlow result window displays the items for the patient whose chart is currently open.
- Use the scroll bar to locate the Reportable Diagnosis Detected.
- Click the Do It button.
- Registry: Select the appropriate registry for submitting syndromic surveillance data.
- Facility: Select the appropriate facility where the syndromic surveillance data is collected.
- Patient Class: Choose an option from the drop down menu to indicate the type of patient visit.
- Click Continue.
Saving the Reportable Diagnosis Detected
The Save As window will be displayed for the user's computer.
- Select a folder for saving the reportable diagnosis data.
- Give the file a name-i.e. the name of the reportable diagnosis.
- Currently, this data can only be exported as a text file.
- Click Save.