This section is a continuation of Order Entry Set Up. If Set Up has not been done, please do this first and return to this page before continuing.
In the Security settings, there is an option to cancel the creation of a Task Item. It is generally NOT a good idea to allow Task Item creation to be canceled. If this option is activated, it is possible to skip creating a Task Item by clicking Cancel. The order will still be placed for the patient, but without an associated Task Item.
Placing an Order in Order Manager
Place Order Display Window
Type the Shortcut or keyword in the Find field, and Click the Search button. This only searches the local database and does not search the online library.
When the preferred Order Entry item appears in the list of items, Double-click the order list item or Click on the order list item and Click the Select button.
Transferring an Order to the SOAPnote
Selecting an Order Design in Document Designer for Faxing and Printing
An Order Design will need to downloaded from Document Design and selected as the Order Design when faxing and printing. This will be down from the Tools menu item and Clicking on Document Designer.
In Document Designer:
1) Go to the File menu item.
2) Click on Available Designs.
3) In the Find field, search for Orders. You will see two Order Design options; Orders and Orders Universal. Preview Design by Clicking on name of Design to highlight, then Click Ok.
4) If the triangle next to the Design is facing down, the Design will need to be downloaded before used. Click on the blue facing down arrow to download.
Faxing and Printing an Order
Fax Contact Window
Adding Order to Billing Statement
Editing an Order
Before placing or performing an order, the user has the option of editing that order. Some order sub-items may be set to default when originally designed. Any of the sub-item default values can be changed within Order Manager prior to placing or performing the order.
Left Click on an order sub-item (i.e. the blue, underlines SMARText Item) in the lower pane of the Order Manager window. This will display the pick list options for the order item in SMARText Quick Access. Click to highlight an Action/Status to be displayed for the order.
This displays a pick list for Action/Status in SMARText Quick Access.
After completing the edits for the sub-items in the order, Click the Order Selected Item button to place or perform the order.
Order Entry Important Notes
1) Order Entry Items can only be entered into charts via the Order Manager or the Quick Insert (F4). They will NOT function properly if entered with shortcut codes directly into the SOAPnote Plan field.
2) Searching for Order Entry Items that are in the online library is not yet possible from within the Order Manager. Only the items that are in the local database are available. This makes downloading of needed orders necessary from within SMARText Items Manager before searching for them in Orders Manager.
3) Order Entry is currently a first phase implementation. Some functions have yet to be implemented.