This lesson will demonstrate how to insert the patients current medications in the Medications field on the Summary side using the Shift + F11 searching method.
The Summary Medications field is for all the medications the patient is currently taking.
*REQUIRED FOR MEANINGFUL USE CORE REQUIREMENT - MAINTAIN ACTIVE MEDICATIONS LIST & MEDICATION ORDER ENTRY
*REQUIRED FOR MEANINGFUL USE (MU) OPTIONAL MENU SET (CHOOSE 5 OF 10) - MEDICATION RECONCILIATION
Placing of the Insertion Point
With the patients chart open and the Summary chart section visible:
1. Place your insertion point to the right of the Medications field header.
2. Left click your mouse to insert your cursor.
If the bold green brackets appear (as shown above), the field is active and ready for you to begin entering data.
Entering the Medication Keyword
Conducting the Shift + F11 Search
Search Results Dialog Box Interface
Column #1: Triangles
* Upward facing triangle: Indicates the SMARText item is located on your local database.
* Downward facing triangle: Indicates the SMARText item is located on the SOApware On line
* Green triangle: Indicates that the SMARText item was created by SOAPware.
* Yellow triangle: Indicates that the SMARText item has been edited or created by a SOAPware user.
* Red triangle: Indicates that the SMARText item is not available for use.
Column #2: Description
* This column gives a description of the SMARText item. In a description that includes text with
quotes, the text within quotes will be inserted into the documentation. In a description that includes
text with parenthesis, the text within parenthesis will not be inserted into the documentation.
Column #3: Shortcut
* This is the Shortcut code that is assigned to the SMARText item. The Shortcut code can be used to
enter the item into the documentation.
Column #4: Type
* There are several different types of SMARText items. This column will indicate the item type (ie: Rx)
Column #5: Usage
* This column indicates the number of times the SMARText item has been inserted by the User.