Find SMARText Items
Accessing SMARText Items Manager
Searching within SMARText Items Manager
SMARText items can have a single Shortcut and multiple Keywords associated with them. To search for a SMARText Item complete the following steps:
1. Type in a Keyword (single word or medical abbreviation).
2. Click on the Find button as shown above.
3. You can also filter a search using this box to narrow down the results.
SMARText Items Manager Interface
Column #1: Triangles
* Upward facing triangle: Indicates the SMARText item is located on your local database.
* Downward facing triangle: Indicates the SMARText item is located on the SOAPware Online Library.
* Green triangle: Indicates that the SMARText item was created by SOAPware.
* Yellow triangle: Indicates that the SMARText item has been edited or created by a SOAPware user.
* Red triangle: Indicates that the SMARText item is not available for use.
Column #2: Shortcut
* This is the Shortcut code that is assigned to the SMARText item. The Shortcut code can be used to enter the item into the documentation (see "Shortcut Code Entry Method" below).
Column #3: Description
* This column gives a description of the SMARText item. In a description that includes text with quotes, the text within quotes will be inserted into the documentation. In a description that includes text with parenthesis, the text within parenthesis will not be inserted into the documentation.
Column #4: Type
* There are several different types of SMARText items. This column will indicate the item type (ie: Dx, Rx, Multi-Sel List, Chief Finding, etc.).
Column #5: Usage
* This column indicates the number of times the SMARText item has been inserted by the User.
Column #6: Keywords
* This column will list all of the keywords that are associated with the SMARtext item. When you search for a SMARText item, it will search for all SMARText items containing the keyword you entered.
Column #7: Last Modified
* This column indicates the date that the SMARText item was last modified or updated.
Column #8: ID
* The column contains an identifier for the location where the SMARText item was created or modified.
Inserting Items with SMARText Items Manager
To insert a SMARText Item into an active field using SMARText Items Manager:
1. With a chart open, place your cursor into the desired field (ie: Active Problems, Medications, etc.).
2. Left click on the SMARText Item to highlight.
3. Double click on the item to insert it into the field or press "Insert".