Prior to sending prescriptions electronically or faxing to a participating pharmacy, Pharmacies must be set up in the Pharmacy Manager.
There are two tabs in the Pharmacy Manager:
1. Quick Access: Includes the list of pharmacies on the local database (this list will be used to populate the drop-down pharmacy selection in Rx Manager. There are two ways to add pharmacies to quick access. One is to add them manually, using the buttons in the toolbar. Pharmacies added manually in this way can only be used for faxing prescriptions. The second way to add pharmacies is to use the directory.
2. Directory: Use the directory to add pharmacies from the Sure Scripts network. The pharmacies added from the Directory tab are the ones used to send e-prescriptions.
Adding Pharmacies using the Directory
Pharmacies are found via searching options in the Directory tab allows.
1. Click the "Find by" drop down menu to obtain a menu list containing Pharmacy Name, Zip Code, Phone Number or State.
2. In our example we will search by zip code. Type the zip code into the field to the right of the Find By field.
3. Press the Find button. The results of the search will display in the list area below.
Selection of pharmacies to add to Quick Access can be accomplished using the following methods:
1. To select an individual pharmacy, Click the Name of the pharmacy.
2. To select a group of pharmacies, all of which are contiguous, click on the first pharmacy in the list. Then, press and hold-down the shift key while clicking on the last pharmacy. This select-highlights all pharmacies between the first and the last.
3. Holding-down the control key, click on noncontinuous pharmacy items in a random fashion.
After pharmacy selections are made, press the Add to Quick Access button.
Click the Quick Access tab to view the pharmacies added.