Creating SMARText Prescriptions for Durable Medical Supplies
Durable Medical Supplies can now be created as SMARText Items and printed or faxed from the Rx Manager.
In this lesson we are going to create a prescription for Lancets.
Accessing the SMARText Items Manager
Creating a New Item
Entering the "Strength"
Entering the "Sig"
1) Left click over Sig
2) Create a new Sig by clicking in the blank sig line in the SMART Quick Access and enter your Sig
3) Click on the Empty SIG to save the newly created sig
4)Click on the sig you created to Insert this into your item.
Removing Sub Items
The SMARText item will have sub items associated with a medication. To remove the sub items not needed:
1) Right click over the SMARText header
2) Choose Manage Sub items
3) In the SMARText Quick Access, un check the sub items not needed leaving only the Sub Items Strength, Sig, Quantity, Substitutions Refills,and Related Dx
DO NOT CLICK SAVE AT THIS POINT
Uncheck items you do not wish displayed on the prescription. For example, Start Date and End Date, Comments.
Saving your Item
Complete the item and ensure items looks as it should.
Inserting the prescription into the chart
If the patient, insurance or pharmacy require a Related diagnosis.
1) Right Click on the Item Header
2) Select Manage Sub Items
3) Check Related Dxs in the SMARText Quick Access
** In your Default Layout (Tools > Options > Structured Rx) if you have Related Diagnosis checked this will automatically display Related Diagnosis and you will not need this step**
Printing or Faxing the Prescription
1) Press the F8 key on the keyboard ( or right click over the Medication Field Header and choose Rx Manager) to bring up the Rx Manager. The dose will say "Strength Comment Not Allowed", this will not affect printing or faxing the prescription.
2) Click on the drop down arrow next to the Submit Button.
3) Choose Print or Fax.
The item has now been either faxed to the pharmacy or printed. Prescription will now display in the History tab of the Rx Manager.