This lesson will demonstrate how to insert the Family History Starter Pick List if your Summary docuplate does not already contain the Starter Pick List. This lesson will also describe how to use the Family History Starter Pick List and how to insert an Item Comment.
The Family History field in the Summary chart section is used to record the patients family medical history.
Placing of the Insertion Point
Inserting the Starter Pick List for Family History
To insert the Starter Pick List for Family History:
1. Type fam- into the Family History field (as shown above).
2. Press the Spacebar to expand the Pick List.
Note: If the Pick List does not expand when you press the Spacebar, you may need to do a Shift + F11 search to download the item to your local database. Once you have used the Pick List once, you will be able to expand it using the Spacebar method.
Family History Starter Pick List
Choosing Items from the Family History Pick List
In SOAPware, text that appears Blue and Underlined indicates that a Pick List is attached to the SMARText Item.
To select items from a Pick List:
1. Left click on top of the item (ie: "Positive family history for").
2. A list of items will appear in your SMARText Quick Access dialog.
3. Place a check box in the "Selected" field next to each of the items that you wish to insert into the Family History field.
Attaching Item Comment to Family History
To attach a free text comment to the SMARText item:
1. Left click on top of the SMARText item (ie: Asthma - see above).
2. Begin typing your desired comments (ie: Mother, as shown above). An "Item Comment" box will appear for you to type in.
3. Save your comments.
The item comment will be inserted next to the SMARText item (see Diabetes - Type 2 example above).