Active Problems Documentation
This lesson will demonstrate how to insert the Active Problems Starter Pick List if your Summary docuplate does not already contain the Starter Pick List. This lesson will also describe how to use the Active Problems Starter Pick List.
The Active Problems field in the Summary is for recording all medical problems the patient is currently being treated for.
*REQUIRED FOR MEANINGFUL USE CORE REQUIREMENT - PROBLEM LISTS FOR PATIENT CONDITIONS
*REQUIRED FOR MEANINGFUL USE OPTIONAL MENU SET (CHOOSE 5 OF 10) - PATIENT LISTS BY CONDITION
Entering a Diagnosis Using Shortcuts
Click somewhere just below the Active Problems field header in the Summary. Type AlcDep (a shortcut code for a Structured Dx SMARText item that indicates alcohol dependence), and Press the space bar.
1. A SMARText item can only have one Shortcut.
2. Not all SMARText items have Shortcuts.
3. Users can add and change Shortcuts to meet their preferences
Entering a Diagnosis Using Keywords
In order to search/find the pre-built SMARText items for depression, and enter one into the chart, Press Enter again to create a new line under Active Problems, and Type depre. This time, in order to perform a search both locally and in the online library, add the SHIFT key to the previous key-command (i.e. Shift + F11).
1. A SMARText item can have an unlimited number of Keywords.
2. No SMARText item has every possible Keyword that users prefer.
3. Users can add Keywords to meet their preferences.
4. The longer the Keyword (i.e. typed entry to search), the faster the search.
Selecting a Diagnosis from a Shift+F11 List
When items in the online library are selected from the pop-up list and inserted (as shown above with depression), SOAPware automatically:
1. Downloads the item.
2. Adds the item to your local library.
3. Inserts into the field at the insertion point.