This lesson will demonstrate how to insert the Surgeries Starter Pick List if your Summary docuplate does not already contain the Starter Pick List. This lesson will also described how to use the Surgeries Starter Pick List.
The Surgeries field in the Summary is for recording the patients past Surgical and procedural history.
Placing of the Insertion Point
Inserting the Starter Pick List for Surgeries
To insert the Starter Pick List for the Surgeries field:
1. Type sur- into the Surgeries Field (as shown above)
2. Press the Spacebar to expand the Pick List.
Note: If the Pick List does not expand when you press the Spacebar, you may need to do a Shift + F11 search to download the item to your local database. After you have used the Pick List once, you will be able to expand it using the Spacebar method.
Surgeries Starter Pick List
Accessing the Surgery Pick List
Choosing Items from the Starter Surgeries Pick List
Attach Comments to a Pick List Item
To attach a free text comment to the SMARText item:
1. Left click on top of the SMARText item (ie: Appendectomy - see above)
2. Begin typing your desired comments (ie: 1998 by Dr. Smith, as shown above). The Item Comment box will not appear until after you start typing.
3. Click Save to insert the comments or you can press Enter on your keyboard.