7. HCPCS Maintenance (Block 24D)
Tools -> Billing Maintenance -> HCPCS Maintenance
Maintain HCPCS codes. Assign NDC number to specific codes to automatically populate when the code is charged.
HCPCS Search by Code
Begin typing the HCPCS code in the HCPCS Look up and as you type, the codes and short descriptions are listed.
HCPCS Search by Description
Begin typing the HCPCS description in the HCPCS Short Description Look up, and as you type, the codes and short descriptions are listed.
Create a Custom HCPCS Description
1. After selecting a HCPCS code, Place a check mark if you wish to Use the Custom Descriptions when searching for this code.
2. Begin typing a short description of your choice for this selected HCPCS code.
Note: Only complete this section if using descriptions other than the original short descriptions for the HCPCS code.
Inactivate a HCPCS code
To inactivate a HCPCS and delete it from the HCPCS Code List, Place a check mark in the Inactive box. This will not completely remove it from the data base, but will hide it from view if there is also a check mark in the Hide Inactive Codes option.
Assign NDC Number to specific HCPCS
1. If a HCPCS requires NDC numbers, type the numbers into the NDC Number field.
2. Determine which codes have NDC numbers assigned to them at a glance. If there is a number in the NDC column, that number will be included on paper and electronic claims whenever that code is charged in a patient account.
View all HCPCS Descriptions
To view all descriptions associated with the HCPCS codes in the Code list, Click the radio button next to Full View. Included in the list will be any Custom descriptions that have been assigned to HCPCS codes.
HCPCS Add, Effective and Inactive Date
1. Add Date column lists the date the code is added to the data base.
2. Effective Date lists the date the code is in effect.
3. Inactive Date lists the date a code is discontinued or deleted.
Hide/Show Inactive HCPCS Codes
If a code had been Inactivated and is no longer going to be used it can be removed from the Code List by placing a check mark in the Hide Inactive Codes box.