Add Default Modifier to Specific SMARText Plan Items or Order Entry
Modifiers can be assigned to specified codes by editing SMARText Items and inserting into the Plan section of the SOAP note. This will not automatically add modifiers to codes manually posted to New Charges Tab in the patient's billing account, but will add the modifier if the shortcut is selected in the patient's chart.
Create SMARText Item to include Modifier
Open patient chart and select SOAP Notes tab
1. Insert SMARText Item into the Plan section within the SOAP Note.
2. Select modifier from the SMARText Quick Access list. This modifier will be included each time the edited SMARText Item is inserted and posted to the patient's account.
3. Right Click on the description and select Manage SMARText Items>Create SMARText Item. SMARText Designer will open.
Create Shortcut, Description and Keywords for Item
4. Type Shortcut. This should be anything but an actual code or procedure name, and the edited item can be selected by typing shortcut into the Plan section and pressing the space bar on your keyboard.
5. Type Description. This Description will be listed in the SMARText Quick Access dialog for identification.
6. Add as many applicable keywords as necessary to be used when searching for this edited code.
7. Place a check mark to Display Header.
8. Click Save.
Insert Edited Item into Plan Section using Shortcut + Space Bar
Insert Edited Item into Plan Section using SMARText Quick Access
11. Another option for inserting the edited item into the Plan Section is by double clicking on the item listed in the SMARText Quick Access dialog, It will be listed using the Description specified when creating the SMARText item. Relate Dxs as usual, create Billing Statement, and Post to billing.
Add Default Modifier to Order Entry Item from Order Manager
Open patient chart, right click inside the brackets in Plan section of SOAP Note and select Order Manager.
1. Click to Create New Order, locate Order Entry Item from the list, and click Select.
2. Click on the Order and the order will be display with sub items in the middle of the Order Manager window.
3. Clicking on the Modifier sub item will open SMARText Quick Access dialog with a list of Modifiers to select. Place a check mark in the box next to applicable Modifier, and right click.
4. Select Manage SMARText Items>Create SMARText Item.
Continue as shown in steps 4-8 in this lesson.