Process the Patient's New Charges
Q: How do I process the patient's new charges?
1. Open the Scheduler Workspace
Go to the SOAPware menu, then click Schedule.
2. Open the Patient Account
Open the patient account using the Chart Rack or the biller's task list.
To open the new charges from the task list:
- Click on the Tasks docked tab.
- Double-click on the task item for the Superbill.
3. Open the New Charges Tab
Click on the New Charges tab within the patient account.
4. Edit the Charges If Needed
To edit the charge details, double-click on the charge line. For more information on editing charge details, please see: Edit a Charge.
5. Apply Co-Payment, Pre-Payment or Add Other Payments
6. Select a Route and Follow-Up Action
Specify the Follow-up Action for the charges posted and select the Route to file claim (Paper or Electronic). *This will default to the option selected in Insurance Company setup.
7. Review and Enter Claim Comments If Needed
Review Doctor Comments and enter any Claim Comments for the billing staff when processing claims.
8. Add an Adjustment if Needed
For instructions on adding an adjustment, please see: Add an Adjustment.
9. Select Desired Option for Secondary Paper Claims
Select Paper or Electronic. *Note: Paper claims only allow for four diagnosis codes per visit. If you have more than 4 codes per visit, you will need to make a selection if you want to uses the primary 4 codes and use the fewest pages or if you want to use more than four diagnosis codes and maintain order.
10. Print a Receipt
Check the box to print a receipt after posting, or click to remove check mark if no receipt is required.
11. Post Charges to the Patient's Ledger
Click the Post button to post the charges, payments and adjustments to the patient's ledger. If Submit to Insurance is selected and there is an active insurance policy for the patient, a claim will be automatically generated.