Create a Claim from the Ledger
Q: How do I create a claim from the ledger?
1. Open the Patient's Account
Click on the Billing menu, then select Patient Account. Search for the account using the patient's last name, then click Select to open the account.
2. Open the Patient's Ledger
Click on the Ledger tab.
3. Create Claim
Click the Create Claim button.
4. Select Charges
- Visits: Select the visit for which you wish to create a new claim.
- Policy: Using the drop-down menu, select the payer responsible for the selected visit. This drop-down list will include a listing of all insurance companies associated with the patient, including active or inactive policies.
- Route: Select the desired routing. This will default to the option selected for the selected insurance company, but can be changed if desired.
- Secondary: Complete the secondary payer information if necessary.
- Claim Comments: Insert claim comments if desired.
- Open Claims Manager: If you wish to open the Claims Manager window following the creating of this new claim, click the check box.
- Click the Create button.
The new claims will be transferred to the Claim Manager and will be held in the Pending Scrub section. For instructions on submitting claims, please see: Submit Claims.