Create a Claim from the Ledger
Q: How do I create a claim from the ledger?
1. Open the Patient's Account
4. Select Charges
- Visits: Select the visit for which you wish to create a new claim.
- Policy: Using the drop-down menu, select the payer responsible for the selected visit. This drop-down list will include a listing of all insurance companies associated with the patient, including active or inactive policies.
- Route: Select the desired routing. This will default to the option selected for the selected insurance company, but can be changed if desired.
- Secondary: Complete the secondary payer information if necessary.
- Claim Comments: Insert claim comments if desired.
- Open Claims Manager: If you wish to open the Claims Manager window following the creating of this new claim, click the check box.
- Click the Create button.
The new claims will be transferred to the Claim Manager and will be held in the Pending Scrub section. For instructions on submitting claims, please see: Submit Claims.