Enter a Medication to Prescribe
Q: How do I enter a medication to be prescribed?
Open an existing SOAP note or create a new SOAP note.
See: Create a SOAP note for help.
Place your cursor into the Medications field of the SOAP note. The bold green brackets indicate that the field is active and you can begin entering documentation.
1. Type the name of the medication. Leave the cursor directly behind the last letter that was typed.
2. Press the Shift + the F11 key on your keyboard.
3. Double-click on the desired medication.
All of the sub-items (strength, dose, freq, route, etc.) within the medications can be edited.
To edit a sub-item:
- Click on top of the sub-item (ex: click on 500 mg capsule).
- Select the desired item from the SMARText Quick Access (ex: select 250mg (capsule).
Repeat this step to edit any additional sub-items as desired.
*Note: SOAPware now automatically matches the drug form for most medications based on the selected strength of a medication so you don’t have to fill it out yourself.