Enter the Follow Up
Q: How do I enter the follow up?
1. Open the SOAPnote
Open an existing SOAPnote or create a new SOAPnote.
See: Create a SOAPnote for help.
2. Place Cursor into Follow Up Field
Place your cursor into the Follow Up field of the SOAPnote. The bold green brackets indicate that the field is active and you can begin entering documentation.
3. Enter Follow Up Pick List
- Type the shortcut code "fol-"
- With the cursor directly behind the "-", press Shift + F11
- Double-click on the item named "-(Starter - Follow Up)" with a green downward facing arrow
4. Schedule Pick List
To document the schedule follow up information:
- Click on the Schedule pick list
- Select the appropriate item from the SMARText Quick Access window (ex: select Otherwise, released)
5. Enter any Additional Follow Up Information
Enter any additional follow up information by free text typing into the Follow Up field.
It is suggested to enter the electronic signature and a date/time that the documentation was completed.
To do this:
- Type in the text "Electronically Signed By: Provider's Name, M.D."
- On your keyboard, hit Ctrl + D to enter the current date/time
Shortcut codes/macros can be helpful to enter commonly used text into the Follow Up field quickly. For more information see: Code Expander/Macro.