Enter a Chief Complaint
Q: How do I enter a chief complaint?
1. Open the SOAPnote
Open an existing SOAPnote or create a new SOAPnote.
See: Create a SOAPnote for help.
2. Place Cursor into Subjective Field
Place your cursor into the Subjective field of the SOAPnote. The bold green brackets indicate that the field is active and you can begin entering documentation.
3. Enter Chief Complaint Pick List
- Type the shortcut code "chix"
- With the cursor directly behind the "x", press Shift + F11
- Double-click on the item named "CHIEF COMPLAINT(S):" with a green downward facing arrow
4. Select a Chief Complaint
To enter a Chief Complaint:
1. Click on the CHIEF COMPLAINT(S): pick list
2. Select a System (or Most Common Chief Complains) from the SMARText Quick Access window (ex: EAR)
3. Select a Reason for Encounter (ex: Symptoms).
4. Select the appropriate symptoms (ex: Earache or otalgia)
How Do I... Video
The above video will demonstrate the steps required to complete the Chief Complaint, HPI and ROS in SOAPware. Click the Play button to begin the video.
*Video Won't Play?: You may need to update Adobe Flash Player. Visit http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer.