Enter a Chief Complaint
Q: How do I enter a chief complaint?
Open an existing SOAPnote or create a new SOAPnote.
See: Create a SOAPnote for help.
Place your cursor into the Subjective field of the SOAPnote. The bold green brackets indicate that the field is active and you can begin entering documentation.
- Type the shortcut code "chix"
- With the cursor directly behind the "x", press Shift + F11
- Double-click on the item named "CHIEF COMPLAINT(S):" with a green downward facing arrow
To enter a Chief Complaint:
1. Click on the CHIEF COMPLAINT(S): pick list
2. Select a System (or Most Common Chief Complains) from the SMARText Quick Access window (ex: EAR)
3. Select a Reason for Encounter (ex: Symptoms).
4. Select the appropriate symptoms (ex: Earache or otalgia)
The above video will demonstrate the steps required to complete the Chief Complaint, HPI and ROS in SOAPware. Click the Play button to begin the video.
*Video Won't Play?: You may need to update Adobe Flash Player. Visit http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer.