(DRAFT) *NQF 0105 - (Additional) Anti-depressant medication management: (a) Effective Acute Phase Treatment,(b)Effective Continuation Phase Treatment
THIS LESSON IS CURRENTLY A DRAFT AND IS NOT YET COMPLETE.
Measure: NQF 0105 (Additional Measurement)
Measure: Anti-depressant medication management: (a) Effective Acute Phase Treatment, (b)Effective Continuation Phase Treatment
Measure Description: The percentage of patients 18 years of age and older who were diagnosed with a new episode of major depression, treated with antidepressant medication, and who remained on an antidepressant medication treatment.
*REQUIRED FOR MEANINGFUL USE (MU): Click here to view the Meaningful Use Criteria.
At this time, we do not suggest that SOAPware users select this particular quality measure. We are in the process of adjusting the work flow and reporting in order to be more consistent with the reporting requirements.
Quality Measure Documentation Workflow
1. Patient's must be 18 years of age or older, diagnosed witha new episode of Major Depression during the reporitng period and had a Face-to-Face enounter with the provider. Patien'ts must have been treated with antidepressant medication AND who remained on an antidepressant medication treatment.
2. CPT codes, 1040F or G8126 must display in either the Encounter Plan field or the Summary Interventions field. Using the shortcut code, "PQRIdepMed" will insert the pick list header, "Antidepressant in acute phaseQM:" Clicking on the header will display a list of items in SMARText Quick Access that meet the criteria. Click to check, "Antidepresseants med for all 12 weeks, acute phase, " (PQRI - G8126) AND "Depression - meets DSM IV criteria for MDD" (PQRI - 1040F)
Measurement Calculation Details
The numerator for this measurement is calculated based onthe following:
1. Number of patients that have documentation of the CPT code G8126 in the Encounter Plan field or the Summary Interventions field during the reportin period.
The denominator for the measurement is calculated based on the following:
1. The number of patients 18 years of age or older and has had a Face-to-Face encounter with the provider within the reporting period
2. AND have documentation of the CPT code 1040F in the Encounter Plan Field or the Summary Interventions field.
Report Clinical Quality Measures to CMS/States
All of the items listed in the above steps need to be documented as structured data (as detailed above) in order to allow the user to capture the numerator, denominator and percentage for this quality measure.
For information on how to export the numerator, denominator and percentage for each Clinical Quality Measure, click here.
For more information on reporting clinical quality measures, click here.