NQF 0031 (Additional): Breast Cancer Screening
Measure: NQF 0031 (Additional Measure)
Measure Title: Breast Cancer Screening
Measure Description: Percentage of women 40-69 years of age whom had a mammogram to screen for breast cancer
*REQUIRED FOR MEANINGFUL USE (MU) ADDITIONAL CQM MEASURE: Click here to view Meaningful Use Criteria.
Quality Measure Documentation Workflow
In order for the Clinical Quality Measure report to generate, the following must be documented in the relevant patient's chart.
1. The patient must be female aged 40 - 69 at the start of the reporting period and have had one face to face encounter with the provider during the reporting period.
2. Documentation of Breast Cancer Screening in the Plan Field. Inserting the shortcut code, “MamQM” will insert the pick list header, “Mammography QM:” Clicking on the Mammography QM header will display a list of the CPT codes in the SMARText Quick Access that need to be present in the encounter Plan field.
3. Any of the these CPT codes need to be present in the encounter Plan field: 77055, 77056, 77057, G0202, G0204, G0206, 3014F, 77052.
Note: CPT codes that indicate a mammogram was not done will not increase the numerator to meet the criteria.
Measurement Calculation Details
The numerator for this measurement is calculated based on the following:
1. The number of patients in the denominator that have face to face encounter within the reporting period that has an appropriate CPT item the SOAPnote Plan field: 77055, 77056, 77057, G0202, G0204, G0206, 3014F, 77052.
The denominator for this measurement is calculated based on the following:
1. The number of female patients aged 40-69 at the start of the study who have a face to face encounter within the reporting period.
Report Clinical Quality Measures to CMS/States
All of the items listed in the above steps need to be documented as structured data (as detailed above) in order to allow the user to capture the numerator, denominator and percentage for this quality measure.
For information on how to export the numerator, denominator and percentage for each Clinical Quality Measure, click here.
For more information on reporting clinical quality measures, click here.