(DRAFT) *NQF 0033 (Additional): Chlamydia Screening for Women age 15-24
Measure: NQF 0033 (Additional Measure)
Measure Title: Chlamydia Screening for women
Measure Description: Percentage of women 15-24 years of age whom were identified as sexually active and whom had at least one test for chlamydia during the reporting period.
*REQUIRED FOR MEANINGFUL USE (MU) ADDITIONAL QM MEASURE: Click here to view Meaningful Use Criteria.
At this time, we do not suggest that SOAPware users select this particular quality measure. We are in the process of adjusting the work flow and reporting in order to be more consistent with the reporting requirements.
In order for the Clinical Quality Measure report to generate, the following must be documented in the relevant patient's chart:
1. The patient must be between the ages of 15 and 24 years of age whom were identified as sexually active, have at least one face-to-face encounter and had at least one test for Chlamydia during the reporting period.
2. Documentation that the patient has received a Chlamydia test. Using the shortcut code, “PQRIchl” in the encounter Plan field will insert the pick list header, “Chlamydia Screening QM:”
3. Clicking on the header will display and list of items in SMARText Quick Access which need to be inserted into the Plan field to meet the criteria.
Note: The custom codes in the pick list above that indicate the patient is not sexually active or is sexually active but has not been tested for Chlamydia within the reporting period will not meet the criteria.
The numerator for this measurement is calculated based on the following:
1. The number of patients in the denominator that have a face-to-face encounter with the reporting period that has the custom ID "She is sexually active and Chlamydia testing performed with the past year" inserted into the Plan field.
The denominator for this measurement is calculated based on the following:
1. The number of female patients age 15-24 that have the custom ID "She is sexually active and Chlamydia testing not performed within the past year" inserted into the Plan field.
All of the items listed in the above steps need to be documented as structured data (as detailed above) in order to allow the user to capture the numerator, denominator and percentage for this quality measure.
For information on how to export the numerator, denominator and percentage for each Clinical Quality Measure, click here
For more information on reporting clinical quality measures, click here