NQF 0043 (Additional) - Pneumonia Vaccination Status for Older Adults
Measure: NQF 0043 (Additional Measure)
Measure Title: Pneumonia Vaccination Status for Older Adults
Measure Description: Percentage of patients 65 years of age and older whom have ever received a pneumococcal vaccine and have had at least one face-to-face encounter within the reporting period.
*REQUIRED FOR MEANINGFUL USE (MU) ADDITIONAL QM MEASURE: Click here to view Meaningful Use Criteria.
In order for the Clinical Quality Measure report to generate, the following must be documented in the relevant patient's chart:
- The patient must be 65 years or older at the start of the reporting period.
- Documentation that the patient has received a Pneumonia vaccine. Using the shortcut code, “PQRIpne” will insert the pick list header, “Pneumococcal vaccination and age 65 or > QM:”. Clicking on the header will display a list of items in SMARText Quick Access that meet the needed criteria. Patient’s will have had a Pneumococcal vaccine (users must use the Immunization Order SMARText item) with a CVX code of 100 or 133 OR a CPT code of 4040F recorded in the encounter Plan field or the summary Interventions field.
*Note: The items indicating the patient has not received a pneumococcal immunization will not meet the criteria.
The number for this measurement is calculated based on the following:
- The number of patients in the denominator who are 65 and older at the start of the reporting period with a face to face encounter within the reporting period.
- AND have ever received a pneumococcal vaccine CVX code 100 or 133 OR CPT of 4040F in the encounter Plan or summary Interventions field.
The denominator for this measurement is calculated based on the following:
- The number of patients 65 and older at the start of the reporting period, with a face to face encounter within the reporting period.
All of the items listed in the above steps need to be documented as structured data (as detailed above) in order to allow the user to capture the numerator, denominator and percentage for this quality measure.
For information on how to export the numerator, denominator and percentage for each Clinical Quality Measure, click here
For more information on reporting clinical quality measures, click here