NQF 0014 (Additional): Prenatal Care - Anti-D Immune Globulin
Measure: NQF 0014 (Additional Measure)
Measure Title: Prenatal Care: Anti-D Immune Globulin
Measure Description: Percentage of D (Rh) negative, unsensitized patients, regardless of age, who gave birth during a 12-month period who received anti-D immune globulin at 26-30 weeks gestation.
In order for the Clinical Quality Measure report to generate, the following must be documented in the relevant patient's chart:
1. The patient must have at least one face to face encounter with the provider during the reporting period.
2. Patient must have documentation of the following Diagnosis item in the Summary Active Problems field or encounter Assessment field: RhD negative (shortcut code: "RhDneg"; SNOMED-CT code sm165746003).
3. Patient must have given birth during a 12 month period and must have received anti-D immune globulin at 26-30 weeks gestation. To document this, use the shortcut code "PQRIantD" in the encounter Plan field. This will insert the pick list header, "Prenatal anti-D immune globulin QM", which will provide a list of criteria from which to document. The custom code 0014b must display in the encounter Plan field.
Note: Custom codes 0014a and 0012a will not increase the numerator or denominator for this measure.
* If the above is documented appropriately, this should increase the numerator and denominator for this measure to indicate that the patient who gave birth during a 12-month period received anti-D immune globulin at 26-30 weeks gestation.
The numerator for this measure is calculated based on the following:
1. The number of patients in the denominator that also have the appropriate custom code entered in the encounter Plan field: 0014b. Note: Custom codes 0014a and 0012c will not increase the numerator.
The denominator for this measure is calculated based on the following:
1. The number of patients with at least one face to face encounter during the reporting period (regarless of age);
2. And has a diagnosis in the Summary Active Problems field or encounter Assessment field using shortcut code "RhDneg" for RhD negative (SNOMED-CT code sm165746003).
All of the items listed in the above steps need to be documented as structured data (as detailed above) in order to allow the user to capture the numerator, denominator and percentage for this quality measure.
For information on how to export the numerator, denominator and percentage for each Clinical Quality Measure, click here.
For more information on reporting clinical quality measures, click here.