2. Register for the Meaningful Use incentive program
After retrieving the correct ID, registration can begin.
Also refer to: Registration.
- If you are registering as an eligible hospital or Medicare eligible professional, you will need an approved enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS). Medicaid eligible professionals are not required to be enrolled in PECOS.
- If you do not have a record in PECOS, you should still register for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs. (Please note your eligible hospital or Medicare eligible professional registration status will remain in an “issue pending” status until you have an active enrollment record in PECOS.)
- A National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- A National Plan and Provider Enumeration System Identity and Access Management ID and password for the individual provider
- A Payee Tax Identification Number (if you are reassigning your benefits)
- A Payee NPI (if you are reassigning your benefits)
This is a short video to cover the basics.
Note: This video was commissioned by CMS, not SOAPware.
View the video here.
To see the information from the previous video in document form, see Registration User Guide.