Enter the Follow Up
Q: How do I enter the follow up?
Open an existing SOAPnote or create a new SOAPnote.
See: Create a SOAPnote for help.
Place your cursor into the Follow Up field of the SOAPnote. The bold green brackets indicate that the field is active and you can begin entering documentation.
- Type the shortcut code "fol-"
- With the cursor directly behind the "-", press Shift + F11
- Double-click on the item named "-(Starter - Follow Up)" with a green downward facing arrow
To document the schedule follow up information:
- Click on the Schedule pick list
- Select the appropriate item from the SMARText Quick Access window (ex: select Otherwise, released)
Enter any additional follow up information by free text typing into the Follow Up field.
It is suggested to enter the electronic signature and a date/time that the documentation was completed.
To do this:
- Type in the text "Electronically Signed By: Provider's Name, M.D."
- On your keyboard, hit Ctrl + D to enter the current date/time
Shortcut codes/macros can be helpful to enter commonly used text into the Follow Up field quickly. For more information see: Code Expander/Macro.