Enter the Objective Exam
Q: How do I enter the Objective exam?
1. Open the SOAPnote
Open an existing SOAPnote or create a new SOAPnote.
See: Create a SOAPnote for help.
2. Place Cursor into Objective Field
Place your cursor into the Objective field of the SOAPnote. The bold green brackets indicate that the field is active and you can begin entering documentation.
3. Enter Exam Pick List
- Type the shortcut code "obj-"
- With the cursor directly behind the "-", press Shift + F11 on the keyboard
- Double click on the item named "-(Starter - Objective - 6-20-2009)"
4. Edit Exam Template
The shortcut code entered in the previous step will insert an all normal exam template for all systems.
To remove a system from the exam:
- Click the main Exam header
- Remove the desired systems from the exam by unchecking the corresponding box in the SMARText Quick Access window
To change an item from normal to abnormal:
- Click the pick list to be changed (ex: click "General appearance can be described as")
- Uncheck the normal response from the SMARText Quick Access window (ex: uncheck "well-nourished, well-developed, and in no acute distress")
- Check the appropriate response from the SMARText Quick Access window (ex: check "acutely ill")
Repeat this step for each of the pick lists, to select the appropriate exam response:
- LUNGS and RESPIRATORY
- MUSCULOSKELETAL (BJE)
5. Remove Unused Items
To remove any pick lists that were not used:
- Right click on the Objective header
- Select Remove Unused Items
5. Completed Exam
The exam has been completed and all unused pick lists have been removed.