Enter a Lab/Radiology Order
Q: How do I enter a Lab or Radiology Order?
This lesson will demonstrate how to place a lab or radiology order through Order Manager, and document within the Plan field.
1. Open the SOAP note
Open an existing SOAP note or create a new SOAP note.
See: Create a SOAP note for help.
2. Open Order Manager
Click the Order Manager icon on the toolbar, or go to Docutainers > Order Entry > Order Manager.
3. Create New Order
Click the Create New Order (green plus) button.
4. Place Order
- Search for lab or radiology order.
- Click to highlight the appropriate choice.
- Click Select.
5. Complete Sub-Items
- Click on the order.
- Click on any required sub-item, such as Related Dxs.
- Make the appropriate choice(s) from the SMARText Quick Access window.
6. Submit Order
There 4 options to choose from when submitting the order:
- Fax: You must have SOAPware's outbound faxing service in order to fax.
- Send Electronically: You must be connected to the recipient on myHEALTHware.
- Submit: To be used for any orders performed in-house.
You can choose to send a task reminder to perform, or follow-up on the order, by clicking Select.
The order will be moved to the results pending section of Order Manager, and it will automatically be placed in the Plan field of the open SOAP note.